12 Ways to Become a Community Super User
Get started on HealthDoers with these quick and easy to follow videos. There is no audio – no need to find your headphones. You’ll be a community super user in no time at all. If you have questions at anytime use the chat feature in the bottom right hand corner of your screen (see #12) to contact our team.
1. Set up your profile picture – putting a face to your name establishes a sense of community and trust.
Adding a profile picture is easy to do and a powerful way to connect with others. To add a profile picture to your HealthDoers profile navigate to your profile, select “Change Profile Photo”, select an image from your computer, upload, crop, and save.
2. Tell us about yourself! Add your contact information and a bit about your work in your Bio.
Add contact information to your profile by navigating to your profile, select edit and then be sure to complete all required fields and save. Next select Bio-Project roles to share information about you, your projects, and your work; be sure to save.
3. Stop by the Open Forum and join the discussion. Learn to reply below.
Join the conversation by navigating to the Open Forum (Groups-> Open Forum-> Select a Topic). You can reply to any topic by clicking on “Reply” in the comments thread.
4. Have something new to add? Want to share your work? Start a new thread!
In any forum you can start a new discussion by selecting the orange “Create New Topic” button. You’ll be prompted to add a subject, text, and any attachments that you would like to add. (See #5 to learn about attachments) You will click submit and it will be added to the discussion board.
5. Attach a document, or two. HealthDoers love documents.
If you are replying to a discussion or starting a new discussion you can add an attachment: Select “browse”, select a file from your computer, click on open, and then the document will be attached to your post. Be sure to click submit to complete your post.
6. Or upload it to our library.
HealthDoers has a rich Resource Library. If you would like to add to it use the Resource Library tab at the top of the page and select “Create New Doc.” Next you will be prompted to add a title and descriptive information about the document. You will then select “Add Files” to select the document from your computer. Be sure to change the access permissions to “Logged- In Users”. You can create a new folder or add your document to an existing folder. Click “Save” to complete the process.
7. Made a mistake? That’s okay, we all do. Edit your post.
Editing a post is easy on HealthDoers. Navigate to the post that you made and select edit. You will then be able to edit your post and select save.
8. Search for a document, person, or conversation. Apply filters and find what you need to accelerate your work.
You can access the search bar from any page on HealthDoers. Select the search icon at the top of the page, type in your search query and hit enter. Your search results will populate and you can filter by members, topics, replies, or documents.
9. Use the Directory to search for people. Be sure to click the follow button to stay current on their activity.
Connecting with other HealthDoers is an essential function of the Getting to Affordability Community. Select the Directory tab at the top of the page to navigate to the member directory. From here you can search for a specific member in the search bar or use the drop down to sort alphabetically or by last active. You can click on a HealthDoers name to navigate to their profile and learn more about them. Be sure to click on “Follow” to stay current with other HealthDoers.
10. Find events in-person and online. Get details and register – don’t forget to post your take aways in the forum! (See #3)
Use the Events Calendar to find virtual and in-person events. Events will be displayed both in a list and a calendar. You can click on an event to learn more and to navigate to their registration page. If you have an event that you would like added to the calendar contact our team (see #11).
12. If you need to contact our team for any reason use the direct chat feature. Someone will connect with you as soon as possible.
From any page on HealthDoers you can connect with our team by using the direct chat feature in the bottom right corner. Someone from our team will respond as soon as they can.